netbooks for freebsd?

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:23:05 UTC 2009

>> Al Plant wrote:

I'm displeased with my Lenovo S10.  On the upside, all the hardware
worked on 7.2 out of the box, after I swapped the internal broadcom
wifi for a highpower atheros.  The ACPI is a real nightmare on it,
however.  dmesg is constantly full of acpi barfs, and it hangs on
shutdown, and won't suspend, which is pretty much a requirement for a
notebook at my house.  Tried all the standard lenovo acpi hacks, but
no luck.

Steve