[OT] Vim mailing list

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Aug 19 06:51:52 UTC 2009

Sabine Baer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 01:59:05AM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Google has a Vim group.  I'm not sure if you need a Google account
>> or not.
>
> Perhaps it might be better to go to Usenet straight ahead. There's a
> NG comp.editors, mostly about vim.
>
> Sorry for jumping in, but I think Usenet is Usenet and Google is
> Google.

> Both have their merits but groups.google.com has little IMHO.

Thanks Glen, Sabine,

The email list bounces upon sub are coming from an aliased Google address.

Not only that, I absolutely need write access. I've joined groups
through Google previously (that fit into my mailer), but couldn't post.
There is little more frustrating when you know you can help someone, but
can't speak.

Although I work within an ISP network, NNTP is a protocol that has
evaded me, and I don't have the time, nor the desire to learn about it.
What I do know is that this ISP does not have access to a proper news
server (that can be posted to), nor does any of it's direct peers.

Am I missing something about posting to newsgroups? My understanding is
ISP's don't utilize them anymore because of the ominous unavoidable
illegal behaviour.

If this is the case, ideas on a (legal) workaround so posting to
text-only newsgroups would be great. Now that this has been brought up,
I'd be interested if I could barder with another small ISP for this
functionality. (post on -isp).

Steve