please help to uninstall FreeBSD!!!

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Aug 12 13:30:06 UTC 2009

Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, 10. Aug 2009, 13:00:31 -0700 schrieb Raisa Brokhshtut:
>> My old desktop has FreeBSD that I have never used. [...] Now I
>> want to get rid of this program and to install Windows.
>>
>> Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if you would guide me how to
>> uninstall that program. [...] So I want to completly remove that
>> FreeBSD from my PC and to install the Windows operating system
>> from CD.
>
> This problem is best solved the common way Windows users do with
> any software: Just reinstall the desired program as often until it
> works.

Are you suggesting that continuous reinstalling of a program numerous
times until it works is a Windows-only tactic?

...have you ever had a port that wouldn't install properly/completely on
the first, or fifth try? Give the guy some credit... he at least did
enough homework to find this list.

To the Original Poster: The easiest way to remove FreeBSD and get back
to a Windows environment would be to simply boot from a Windows install
CD, and have the installer delete all 'partitions' it finds (including
"unknown").

This of course will require having the Windows install CD. Your desktop
may still have a sticker with a license key on it, in which case, you
can simply borrow the Windows CD from someone else if you don't own one.

Steve