Gmirror

Michael Christie vk3mrc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 13:08:10 UTC 2009

Hi there all,

I need your help. I have a supermicro server which was running Freebsd 7.1
with 2 SATA drives. I have had G mirror running on the server. I needed to
do a full reinstall of freebsd but was unable to disengage the mirror at the
time. When installing Freebsd, on to the drives i see i have AD4 AD6 and AR0
on the disk label, i have installed the new free bsd in AD4, and the system
would not boot.

I have come across this before where i have to remove AR0 to default the
drive, i can remember reading a thread on how to use “fix it” and using the
live cd. I have google but cannot find it

Please is there any one here that can refresh my memory and tell me how to
remove gmirror from my drives so i can do a fresh install,.

Thanmks

Mick