Looking for fast graphical web browser

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Aug 7 06:25:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 11:53:22AM +0200, Wolfgang Riegler wrote:
> Has anyone tested Arora?

I wouldn't recommend Arora as a "lightweight" browser to anyone who isn't
already using applications built with the Qt toolkit.  If you're a KDE
user, it may be a good choice; if you aren't, it spectacularly fails at
least one category of "lightweight" qualification, generally speaking.

For that reason, I have not given Arora a try myself: I have found
nothing compelling enough about any Qt applications to justify installing
them and, along with them, the Qt GUI toolkit libraries (and any other
KDE libraries the app in question might pull in).

Your mileage, of course, may vary.

Quoth Thomas McCauley: "The measure of a man's real character is what he
would do if he knew he would never be found out."