Mouse still crashes with Synaptics

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Thu Aug 6 23:37:37 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 12:46:21 Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, 04. Aug 2009, 13:26:24 +0200 schrieb Bertram Scharpf:
> > an Acer notebook with a Synaptics Touchpad makes some trouble
> > here.
>
> This is a real mess. Nobody gives me any help and I do not know
> what to try any further.

I sometimes run stuff under nobody, but never mail with it.

FWIW, you don't need synaptics support or driver for vertical scrolling
on a touchpad, only for the horizontal scrolling and some extra features.
The psm driver nor moused has been taught about horizontal scrolling
last time I checked.

Kernel debugging is outlined in the developers handbook and a minute
investigated in searching the archives, the FreeBSD website or even
google, would have shown you that.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

You might get some help on freebsd-x11 list.

--
Mel