amd64 native ports?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 6 14:46:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 10:19:47AM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	Somewhere in *.freebsd.org is a page that lists which ports run
> natively on amd64 and what the status is for the others.  I've seen it,
> I have it bookmarked in a place that is currently unavailable, and I
> can't find it by hand.  Anyone have the URL handy?

This will show you the ports marked IGNORE:
http://www.freshports.org/ports-ignore.php

This will detect and use your browsers architecture to find ports you
cannot use. Mind you, it can be IGNOREd for other reasons than your
current architecture)

I tend to look at ONLY_FOR ARCHS statements in port makefiles:

  find /usr/ports/ -type f -name Makefile -exec grep -H 'ONLY_FOR_ARCHS' {} \;

Any port that doesn't have one of those should run on every
architecture. But I doubt is this info is complete for rare
architectures as ia64 or sparc. It should be OK for amd64, because
that's relatively common.

Roland