ftps ?

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 22:21:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Mel
Flynn<mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net> wrote:
> On Monday 03 August 2009 04:26:32 Neal Hogan wrote:
>> 2009/8/3 Odhiambo  ワシントン <odhiambo at gmail.com>:

>> > pure-ftpd supports TLS/SSL.
>> >
>> > I am wondering if it can do this.
>>
>> I was curious about the OP's use of 'ftps" too. Perhaps, he could
>> explain what plain-old-ftp doesn't do and what he wants it to do.
>
> When in doubt, use "she". :)

I wasn't in doubt, but perhaps my chauvinism reared its head. I
apologize if I offended anyone.

It's actually quite funny that you bring this up, because I'm involved
in a thread on debian-user@ with this topic. I (correctly) referred to
someone as Mr. So-n-so and others questioned my choice of masculine
reference.