PostgreSQL 8.3.7 builds incomplete

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Wed Apr 29 18:31:08 UTC 2009

I'm new to PostgreSQL. Just installed the latest version, 8.3.7 (client +

server) on my new FreeBSD 7.1 system. Gotta say, there's something

seriously broken with this package. First of all, it doesn't install

'include' files anywhere (real useful for installing DBD-Pg-2.13.1, later

on). And worse, it generates no 'pg_config' file (also needed for

installing DBD-Pg-2.13.1, later on).

PostgreSQL actually installs, and runs. But as a result of the totally

incomplete install/compile, I can't build DBD-Pg-2.13.1 (for Perl)

thereafter. So, how do I get /usr/ports/databases/postgresql84-server/ to

build normally?

Thanks,

- Mark