Hardwire drive0 to ad0 on hw raid.

Leon Meßner l.messner at physik.tu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 26 02:22:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

i'm having a problem with the disk numbering of RAID arrays (3ware
9650SE). When i boot, the array with my system is always the last
numbered drive (ATM its ad16). This array is on its own controller.
lsdev in the loader shows the array as drive0 (first BIOS drive i
assume).
Is there a way to hardwire this to ad0 as i dont want my system
array to have different numbers when booting with different amounts
of drives attached to the system.
I couldn't find any hints on this in the 3ware manuals or
controller-setup.

Thanks in Advance,
Leon

FWIW: This is on FreeBSD-7.1-p5 (latest binary update).