how to deceive programs as if I were a local user?

Kouichiro Iwao meta at club.kyutech.ac.jp
Sat Apr 25 08:34:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:17:11AM -0700, Chris Cowart wrote:
> This error means the program tried to look up some name information for
> your UID number and failed. You need to configure the data source in
> /etc/nsswitch.conf:
>
> group: files cache ldap
> passwd: files cache ldap

I've already set like you showed.
But, not for /compat/linux/etc/nsswitch.conf .

Configuring nsswitch.conf in linux emulation environment,
the program worked properly.  I did't know I had to set
/compat/linux/etc/nsswitch.conf for linux binary compatibility.

Thanks.
--
Iwao, Koichiro <meta at club.kyutech.ac.jp>