FreeBSD and Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:35:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta at gmail.com> wrote:
> They should be, yes. I would try loading the modules (kldload) just to
> be sure. If loading the modules doesn't fix things, then it's safe to
> assume they were compiled in kernel. (But then again, I'm certainly
> not an expert in this area.)

I can't load the modules because they don't exist as modules. However,
the wireless card is detected, so the driver should be in-kernel (in
opposition to loading the GENERIC kernel which lacks the iwi driver
and my NIC is not shown by ifconfig).

The debug.iwi=1 doesn't help much. It just says it can't load the
firmware, but it doesn't give any clues about the reason.

Any ideas?

PS: jut out of curiosity, where is the firmware in the filesystem? Is
it also compiled in-kernel?

Thanks in advance.

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Fernando Apesteguía
> <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also, when you enter kldstat, do you see these?
>>>
>>> iwi_bss.ko
>>> iwi_ibss.ko
>>> iwi_monitor.ko