freebsd vs. pc-bsd

Michael Jr. mjrhaid at windstream.net
Fri Apr 24 14:23:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was just wondering what are the major differences between freebsd
and pc-bsd and is it harder or just as easy to setup freebsd as a
desktop compared to pc-bsd? Will freebsd work with sager laptops, and
will freebsd recognize 4 gigs of ddr3 memory and if it does not
regularly, how can I get freebsd to recognize 4 gigs of ddr3 memory?
Will freebsd be able to recognize the latest technologies, like
intel core 2 duo and the new Nvidia GTX260m, and hard drives at any
speed like 7200 rpm? I don't know any kind of code so is there any
books or any kind of resources that you recommend I look at?
Sorry I have so many questions but I just ordered a new sager laptop
and I do not really want to have to use windows vista if I don't have
to, and I think it would be fun to learn how to use freebsd.

Thank you,
Michael Haid