FreeBSD and Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:20:17 UTC 2009

2009/4/23 Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta at gmail.com>:
> [SOLVED]
>
> Thanks for the help, folks. It works fine now.

I wasn't that lucky :)

I'm using FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p4 #12
This is my loader.conf configuration:

legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1
iwi_bss_load="YES"
iwi_ibss_load="YES"
iwi_monitor_load="YES"

And in my kernel config I have:

device          pci

device          wlan            # 802.11 support
device          wlan_wep        # 802.11 WEP support
device          wlan_ccmp       # 802.11 CCMP support
device          wlan_tkip       # 802.11 TKIP support
device          wlan_amrr       # AMRR transmit rate control algorithm
device          wlan_scan_ap    # 802.11 AP mode scanning
device          wlan_scan_sta   # 802.11 STA mode scanning

device          iwi             # For Intel Pro Wireless 2200bg

device          firmware        # firmware assist module

This is the output of ifconfig:

iwi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
	ether 00:0e:35:fd:aa:0f
	media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
	status: no carrier
	ssid "" channel 1 (2412 Mhz 11b)
	authmode OPEN privacy OFF bmiss 10 scanvalid 60 bgscan
	bgscanintvl 300 bgscanidle 250 roam:rssi11b 7 roam:rate11b 1 bintval 0

After seting debug.iwi=1 this is what I get when I try to bring the
interface up:

$ ifconfig iwi0 up

iwi_newstate: INIT -> INIT flags 0x0
enter FW state 1
firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss
iwi0: could not load firmware
exit FW state 1
iwi_newstate: INIT -> INIT flags 0x0

Any ideas?