mail server/webmail

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Thu Apr 23 18:49:16 UTC 2009

Polytropon wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:39:26 -0700, Liontaur <liontaur at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'd like to be able
>> to sync the mail with outlook express also.
>
> Maybe you can get Redmond to give you the source code of
> their... erm... stuff, so you can see how to interact
> with it. :-)

At least one person here, and it may well be me, is somewhat confused.

Outlook <> Outlook Express

Not even close.  And while I personally would not pick Outlook Express
as a POP/IMAP client, it is pretty standards based.  Outlook talking to
an Exchange server is an entirely different matter.

At least that was the lay of the land the last time I was forced to pay
close attention to Microsoft e-mail clients.

--

--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com