maybe OT, but involves OOO its slideshow fmt, ``Impress''

Andrew Gould andrewlylegould at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:47:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Peter Ulrich Kruppa
<ulrich at pukruppa.net>wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 22.04.2009, 00:23 -0700 schrieb Gary Kline:
> >       In any case, there are
> >       two questions for this list.
> >       The first, obviously, is subjective and is:
> >       would having my stuff in slideshow fmt gain me a wider readership?
> Yes. Any sort of attractive presentation will draw more attention to
> your content than ordinary text without any pictures or animations.
>
> >       The
> >       second is:  anybody out there willing to clue me in on this stuff?
> I have always made very good experiences with technical questions of all
> kind on this list. Regarding your contents or lay-out and design there
> probably are better forums.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Uli.
> >       gary

It is very difficult to convey concepts or ideas with any complexity with
slides alone.  Usually, slides should accompany and complement a
presentation.

If the document must stand alone (no speech, etc), and the content is of any
complexity, I would advise not using slides.

For anyone using slides, I recommend the following book by Garr Reynolds:
"Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery"

Best regards,

Andrew