Disk usage analysis

Mikel King mikel.king at olivent.com
Wed Apr 22 14:47:59 UTC 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 11:24 PM, Robert Huff wrote:

> Christopher Chambers writes:
>
>> Is there an easy way to analyze disk usage to determine which
>> files and folders are taking up the most space?
>
> 	If this isn't a FAQ, then search the mailing list archives.
> This question, or something leading to it like "out of disk space",
> comes up regularly.
>

> 			Robert Huff

I used to run durep on my shared servers. The package seems a bit out
of date and I have often considered adopting it as a pet project to
rewrite/update, but time, time and time always seem to be an issue.
You can read more about the application. It generates a comprehensive
report that can be automatically emailed, or viewed via the web.

	http://www.hibernaculum.net/durep/

Cheers,
Mikel King
CEO, Olivent Technologies