mount_cd9660 - /dev/md0: Invalid Arguement

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Mon Apr 20 17:32:41 UTC 2009

--On Monday, April 20, 2009 11:32:58 -0500 "??????? ?" <root1101 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone, I am trying to mount an ISO image (which was converted with
> with help from ccd2iso tool), I used
>
> mdconfig -a -t vnode -f ./"isoimage.iso" -u 3
> mount -t cd9660 /dev/md3 /cdrom
>
> and
>
> mdconfig -a -f /path/disk.iso md1
> mount -t cd9660 /dev/md1 /mnt/path
>
> variant of the proper way. It doesn't work.

This works.  I got it from a previous post to the list answering my question
two years ago.

To mount:

    mdconfig -a -t vnode -u 0 -f somefile.iso     mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 /mnt

To unmount:

    umount /mnt
    mdconfig -d -u 0

Thanks to A.J. Kehoe IV for posting that answer almost two years ago to the day.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst