Support for Apple iBook keyboards

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Fri Apr 17 16:10:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:12:16 +0100
jigger smith <jigger at webtribe.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use FreeBSD on my Apple G4 iBook, can you tell me if
> the ADB keyboard is supported in the latest version available?
>
> I use FreeBSD on both my i386's and servers, so it would make sense to
> use it on my laptop instead of OpenBSD.

ADB support was added fairly recently and is only available on
-current and hasn't been MFC'd to -stable.  On the G4 you'll probably
want to run the following at the OpenFirmware prompt to make the CPU
run at full speed:

dev /cpus/PowerPC,G4 at 0
set-dfs-high

You can find powerpc -current ISO images at
pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/200812 on most FreeBSD ftp mirrors - I can't
find any newer images, they don't seem to have been built for powerpc in
February.

--
Bruce Cran