Freebsd Built-in vacation program does not auto reply

lyd mc alydiomc at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 03:00:26 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

Why Freebsd built-in vacation program (/usr/bin/vacation) does not auto reply?

I am using fresh installed Freebsd7.0 and 7.1. here is my configs.

Under the home directory of the user (alydio.mc)

.forward
    \alydio.mc, "|/usr/bin/vacation alydio.mc"

.vacation.msg
   Subject: On vacation message
   From: alydio.mc at mydomain.com
   I'm on vacation and will not be reading my mail for a while.
  Your mail will be dealt with when I return.
.
from postfix/sendmail logs:

...sniff
 (delivered to command: /usr/bin/vacation alydio.mc)

after this nothing will happened... no errors.... no warnings...

However the one I installed from ports (/usr/local/bin/vacation) works fine.

I want to use the freebsd base vacation program.

Please help.

Thank you,
alydiomc