missing xorgconfig

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:27:34 UTC 2009

kenneth hatteland wrote:
> Having reinstalled my laptop twice and updated to stable 7.2
> prerelease but each time no xorgconfig exists as I am used to. xfce4
> starts ok, but I get the known mouse locked problem and would love and
> xorg.conf to edit as  I have learned but it doesn`t exist.
>
> Anyone know hos to install xorgconfig manually ??

No need to run xorgconfig
As root, run:

X -configure

This will create a /root/xorg.conf.new file that you can edit and move
to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Note that you will probably have to add some ServerFlags (look at the
list archives of few days ago) if you wish to actually use the
InputDevices section of your xorg.conf file.