Can I resume the perl upgrade?

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Apr 14 14:26:01 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 05:20:35 Ruben de Groot wrote:

> > > Perhaps you should start a new thread.
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > Tried that last week to no avail
> > So asmy question was vaguely on topic I had hoped someone might be able
> > to contribute something useful!!
>
> If you can send a reply-all to the list, you certainly can send a new
> question, can't you? Hijacking threads *is* considered rude/ignorant/dumb
> by some.
>
> That said, Pod::Perldoc seems to be part of perl-5.8.[8-9] on my systems,
> so unless you're doing some nonstandard things with this package, I suggest
> you just pkg_delete the bsdpan package and get on with it.

Hi Ruben

Sorry to get cross with you but it has been clear from your responses that you
have not actually troubled to read the detail of what I posted. The origibnal
posting refrred to the issue as being one that came as a result of doing
something similar to the OP for the thread. There was a second part (relating
to getting the info on bsdpan into the DB.

a. If you had read carefully you would have found that I have already tried:
posting another thread
b. I had already tried pkg_delete without success.
c. I had tried package_deinstall again without success.
d. I am totally puzzled why bsdpan-Pod_Perldoc should be showing a dependency
on perl-5.8-9 when I have upgraded to 10.

I will be very happy "to get on with it" when I know how to achieve that
nirvana.

In the meantime those who get try to get picky without reading a thread
carefully do tend to offeset the work of so many people who are friendly and
helpful

Thanks in advance for positive contributions

david