Perl upgrade and bsdpan into pkgdb

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Mon Apr 13 00:25:02 UTC 2009

--On April 12, 2009 2:05:50 PM -0500 David Southwell
<david at vizion2000.net> wrote:

>> > I hope it is not too far off topic but:

It is, so note the change of subject....

>> > Can anyone tell me how to fix this one:
>> >
>> > Stale dependency: bsdpan-Pod-Perldoc-3.15 -> perl-5.8.9_2
>> > (lang/perl5.8): can't convert nil into string

Rather than installing directly from bsdpan, install all your perl modules
from ports.  It takes a little getting used to, but many of the bsdpan
modules are in ports with the convention p5-Name-Name.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.