flex from ports kills buildworld?

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:53:10 UTC 2009

Probably doing something stupid, but on the off chance I'm not:

- Had to install a newer flex from ports for something.
- Had to move the system flex to avoid hacking reams of bad makefiles
- Did a buildworld, and it can't find a flex
- Seems to me, buildworld should be able to use a newer flex, and
should be able to use the one from /usr/local instead of /sbin

Thanks,
Steve

[steve at dynstant /usr/src]$ sudo make buildworld
flex -ogengtype-lex.c
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/../../../../contrib/gcc/gengtype-lex.l
flex:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
[steve at dynstant /usr/src]$ which flex
/usr/local/bin/flex
[steve at dynstant /usr/src]$