run_interrupt_driven_hooks

Seur Bors seurbors at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:43:34 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I've purchased newer hardware (ASUS M3A78-EM, AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB Kingston
DDR2-800, 2 x WD 500GB SATA), and am attempting to install the FreeBSD 7.1
amd64 release.  The system boots off of the CD without err, and I have
chosen the "default" boot.

Everything looks good in the detection right up to the drives, and then, I
get the following errors, followed by a system stall:

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 180 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 240 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

I am googling now while posting this, but just wondering if anyone has a
quick tweak or fix that I can try to get this moving.  Thanks in advance, as
always!

Regards,

Seur Bors