firefox3 with high latencies when acting with mouse or keyboard and graphics refresh

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 9 04:19:56 PDT 2009

Jeff Laine wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:42:56PM +0000, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> Hello,
>> got a problem since yesterday after having done a lot of updates
>> (ports): on all of my FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes firefox does have
>> enormous high latencies when typing in or moving the mouse or popping up
>> the window icon or down. Since this happens on all of 8.0-CUR/amd boxes,
>> I guess it has something to do with an upgrade of the ports.
>>
>> I reinstalled firefox twice, but without success, so I want to ask for
>> some hints..
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oliver
>

> It is unlikely your case, but I've had similar issues with firefox on my laptop
> with intel video under 7.2-PRERELEASE.
> Setting video driver option "AccelMethod" to old XAA mode in xorg.conf helped a lot.

It is NOT the way I try Acceleration or not or what driver the box uses,
this happens with VESA, Radeon, RadeonHD as well. VESA worked before.
This is only on FreeBSD 8.0/amd64 with local displays. starting firefox3
remotely, this problem does not occur. I guess due to a lot of updates
in xorg-port there is again an issue. The never ending story with X11
and wicked updates.