powerd

David Collins davidcollins001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:37:37 PDT 2009

> Frequency control is not supported in your case.  You must
> have dev.cpu.0.freq and so on.  What kind of processor do
> you have?  Does it support "powernow", "cool'n'quiet" or
> similar features?

CPU: Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon/Celeron (501.14-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x673  Stepping = 3
  Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>

> Also, make sure that you have "device cpufreq"
> kernel configuration.  If you don't have it, try to load
> the module:  kldload cpufreq

I have device cpufreq in the kernel conf and I loaded/unloaded it separately.