openoffice.org-3.01 packages available (i386)

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:54:15 PDT 2009

Inspired by the recent discussion on the list concerning
openoffice.org-3.01 packages, I have created a set of packages for the
i386 architecture using my tinderbox system. Glen Barber has kindly
offered *lots* of his webspace to host these packages for everyone's
benefit.

These packages are available from the following location:

http://freebsd.dev-urandom.com/packages/openoffice/

And the main package to download would be:

http://freebsd.dev-urandom.com/packages/openoffice/openoffice.org-3.0.1.tbz

All the other packages are build and/or run dependencies of the above.
On a system that already has a running GUI, most (if not all) of these
packages are probably installed already.

Please note the following:

* The openoffice.org-3.01 package was built using a tinderbox system
running 7.1-RELEASE-p4 i386. The ports tree was updated before the
build. As a result this package is in sync with the latest versions of
its dependencies and you may have trouble installing / running it in
systems with outdated packages. A portupgrade is recommended before
installation.

* All the dependencies are provided in the same directory.  It is
possible to use pkg_add -r to recursively fetch any dependencies not
present in your system:

    - First, redefince the PACKAGESITE environment variable:
    (assuming csh)

    setenv PACKAGESITE http://freebsd.dev-urandom.com/packages/openoffice/

    - Use pkg_add -r:

    pkg_add -r openoffice.org-3.0.1.tbz

* The package and all dependencies were built with default options.

The site does not yet contain any other pages or info, as Glen is still
working on the web content.

Please send us your feedback (including problems, suggestions and
success stories!) either on the list or directly.  If this proves to be
successful, we could also build and host other packages as well.

Cheers,
Manolis