I would like to know about tracing system call in FreeBSD.

hjung20 at illinois.edu hjung20 at illinois.edu
Sun Apr 5 00:40:59 PDT 2009

Dear,

I have tried to trace system call using C language.

I would like to detect privilege escalation through traceing system call.
Although freebsd announce the patch of telnet demon to remove malicious access to esaclate privilege, I would like to implement the detecting program.

My idea is if I detect the change of uid of process then I can recongnize the privilege escalation.

I would like to get the program guide or document of kernel program of freebsd.

Sincere.