going from cvs to svnq

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sat Apr 4 16:13:05 PDT 2009

Chuck Robey <chuckr at telenix.org> wrote:
> perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> > Chuck Robey <chuckr at telenix.org> wrote:
> >> But I do need to figure out how to get the subversion archive (not
> >> a particular branch of the archive, the whole kit and kaboodle).
> >
> > devel/svk?  (From a mention last December; I have not tried it.)
>
> Huh.  From reading the port's description file, it seems to be a
> svn lookalike, but with a differing feature list.  Supposely uses
> the same filesystem layout as subversion ...

I got the impression from the 2nd and 3rd non-quote paragraphs here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2008-November/026898.html

that what you want is "a full svk mirror", and since it was being
advocated I presumed that it could be set up by a reasonably simple,
if initially time/bandwidth intensive, mechanism.  This, from
earlier in the same thread, may be useful:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/SubversionPrimer

Again, I have not gotten around to trying any of this.