2 -> more ftp accounts into same folder

Vasadi I. Claudiu Florin claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:34:15 PDT 2009

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 20:28:51 +0300, Jacques Manukyan
<mlfreebsd at streamingedge.com> wrote:

> This sounds like a permission issue. Each user on the sub-folders
> (folder1, folder2, etc) need to be able to get into the /mnt folder
> within the OS.

I'm aweare of that, hence the ACL setings I forgot to mention (silly me)

/mnt has ACL:

# file: mnt
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
user:ftpadmin:rwx
user:programe:r-x
user:programe2:r-x
user:diverse:r-x
user:diverse2:r-x
user:muzica:r-x
group::---
group:ftpgroup:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
[da1 at da1.ro /]#

> What is the permission on the /mnt directory? Try setting it to 755 and
> see if that works.

It has 770 with root:wheel. But this is disregarded because of the way ACL
is set.

> Also, you can start pure-ftpd in debug mode to capture the actual
> error.  Look at the pure-ftd.conf file or add the -d option to the
> daemon for debug information.

For some reason, that's evading me right now, I'm unable to see anything,
althow the daemon is started with -d.
Will look into it latter.