How to Update my Freebsd packages kernel and Core

Sean Cavanaugh Millenia2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:18:35 PDT 2009

for the base OS (kernel and core are same thing, unlike gnu/linux), use
freebsd-update. If you compiled your own kernel, then it will skip updating
the kernel only, in which case just csup /usr/src and recompile anyway

for ports, there are many methods. Read the ports section in the handbook.
personally I use prt-mgmt/portupgrade.

-Sean