Encoding Movies to DVD

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:59:34 PDT 2009

Warren Liddell wrote:
> Adam Vandemore wrote:
>> Warren Liddell wrote:
>>> Im chasing an application that basically does the same thing Windows
>>> Nero Vision does but naturally on FreeBSD .. is there such an
>>> application or is it something thats command line based ?
>>>
>> For those of us who aren't familar with Windows Nero Vision, what
>> does it do?
>
> It lets you add verious move files into a list and then converts them
> into DVD format able to be then played by a standard DVD player(non
> computer) as well as adds title menus
Okay, well someone already mentioned mencoder, ffmpeg, and dvdstyler so
what I would add to that is mencoder is more powerful ffmpeg although
you can use them for many of the things including most of what you
mention.  They can create video in dvd-compat mpeg2 format then you use
dvdstyler to create menus etc.  dvdstyler is a frontend to dvdauthor
which is cli based.

Another gui video editor/conversion tool is avidemux2 which is pretty good.