config sendmail

Esmaeel Pashapouri epashapouri at ca.inter.net
Wed Apr 1 21:26:27 PDT 2009

Hello list,
Having truble sending mail through my ISP.
I have freebsd 7.1 amd-64 generic installed.
With smart host defined for sendmail I get my mails returned
with unknown sender esmaeel at ca.inter.net.
My user name at ISP is epashapouri and smtp server does not require
authentication. I added user epashapouri and mail gets out OK.
Is there a way to make sendmail send mail with the user name other than
login name?
Have read many documents I could find with google with no luck, tried
masquerade_as and feature masquerade envelope with no luck.
Any sugestion from the list would be apreciated greatly.
Thank for taking the time and reading this.

esmaeel