Hard disk bottle neck.

Danny Do ai_quoc at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 17:03:01 UTC 2008

Hi Diego,

The reason I use RAID5 because I don't want to waste too much space on redundancy whilst taking the advantage of read. Over 99% of disk access are expected to be reading.

I could split to 2xRAID5 but I will have difficulty with file management later. Furthermore, the system would use 2 disks for parity. I don't want to lose too much space. 300GB at 10K SCSI disks are still very expensive. :(