Installation Question

Ray Madigan ray at madigans.org
Sat Sep 27 16:23:35 UTC 2008

I am trying to move a couple of machines from Suse Linux to FreeBSD and I am
having an installation issue on the first machine.  I have a 1.8GHZ Pentium
on an ASUS mainboard.  DUring installation I give the geometry of the drive
on the machine, a Western Digital WD8000JB, the drive geometry that I find
on their website 16383/16/63 in FDisk.  The disk was used for the Suse
installation so the partitions are correct.  So I press Q on the keyboard.
I go through the installation until I get to DiskLabel and the drive doesn't
show up on the top of the screen.  The screen is blank except for the
options section.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong here.

Thanks in advance