gateway NAT settings lost

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri Sep 26 13:48:30 UTC 2008

On Friday 26 September 2008 15:14:21 Colin Brace wrote:
> Thanks Mel,  "gateway_enable" was what I was missing.

You're very welcome.

> For totals:
>
> $ sudo du -hc -depth=1 boot cdrom home lib libexec rescue sbin bin
> compat dist etc lib proc root
>  91M    boot
> 2.0K    cdrom
>   0B    home
> 5.4M    lib
> 170K    libexec
> 3.6M    rescue
> 5.0M    sbin
> 986K    bin
>   0B    compat
> 2.0K    dist
> 2.1M    etc
> 5.4M    lib
> 2.0K    proc
>  52K    root
> 114M    total
>
> It looks as though there is 375MB "hidden" somewhere... but where?

The obvious a file in /, possibly a core dump.
The less obvious, an open but deleted file.
Even less obvious, a file in /tmp created in single user mode, without /tmp
mounted.

My money is on option 2:
fstat -f / |sort -rnk 8|head

will show you the largest open files on the root partition.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.