periodic not working?

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 01:07:15 UTC 2008

I've got a recently configured machine, running 7.0-RELEASE.

Somehow I've munged it, as I'm not getting the emails from periodic.

I've checked what I am aware of to check against a working machine,
and can't figure this out.

I've got postfix installed for the MTA, and the main.cf, master.cf,
alias db hash and transport.db hash all look fine

crontab looks just fine, too.

I've run 'periodic daily' by hand from a root prompt, and get nothing,
whereas on the working machine I do get my email.

Where might I start looking to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Kurt