quick slice question..

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Tue Sep 23 20:24:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 03:33:41PM -0400, B. Cook wrote:
> I have slices a, d, e, f, g, and h.. I wouldn't be able to get one
> more would I?
>
> using gmirror and RELENG_7_0..

First I guess you actually mean partition, not slice.
(Partitions are usually labeled a, d, e, ..., while slices
are normally numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 and are the same as what is called
a partition in DOS/Windows.)

You should be able to create a 'b' partition in addition to those you have
(assuming there exists free space on the disk of course.)
Partition 'b' is usually used for swap, but I don't there is any fundamental
reason why it could not be used for a normal file system.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se