ext3 copy kernel freeze

Didi ribalba at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:36:01 UTC 2008

Hey

I just found an old linux hard drive with some movies on. This is
formated as ext3. I can mount this with mount_ext2fs command. But if I
try to cp the movies over to my normal freebsd disk the kernel just
freezes up. I checked all the log files but nothing is logged. Further
the disk I want to copy from and the disk I want to copy to are left
in an inconsistent state and need to be fsck before I can reuse them
again. It seams like an error in the ext2fs. Could this have to do
with the journaling? Is this a know error?

Cheers Didi

----
www.ribalba.de
Email / Jabber: ribalba at gmail.com