Uplading file via Lighttpd - system hangs

Nash Nipples trashy_bumper at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 15:33:46 UTC 2008

>> It looks like the freebsd-sendfile is broken. I had the same problems
>> the last days and now I know the source of the problem. Have a look on
>> this PR:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=125592

>Yeah, I looked into this, but I do not see why this has anything to do >with
>sendfile in FreeBSD.
>When you upload a file, you (the server) don't *send* anything, you >*read*, so
>sendfile(2) shouldn't even come into play. Why this magically starts >working
>when changing the write backend, is a mystery, but most likely the answer
>lies in PHP.

>If you can, use a different upload script for testing, one that is not >done
>via PHP, but plain CGI. There should be some available on the net.
>--
>Mel

im in a serious doubt that a write() family function could have possibly stop something from responding when login is still accepting read() buffer

please dont tell me that a userland process can possibly halt everything unless there is a serious harware malfunction.

i think this particular case needs solid debugging and investigation.

nash