ipv6

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Mon Sep 22 12:24:45 UTC 2008

Da Rock wrote:

> Excuse me for jumping in on this thread, I'm only just starting to look
> into IPv6 for myself.
>
> My ISP has informed me that it doesn't support IPv6 yet, and won't for
> some time. I have a DNS server and sites on IPv4, but I'd like to be
> able to support IPv6- does the fact that my ISP doesn't support it stop
> me from serving on IPv6? I'd think it does, but some clarity from
> experts might help...

If you only need IPv6 essentially for testing (ie. low bandwidth
requirements && no SLA), then I can provide you a tunnel into our
network, and provide you with as much IPv6 space to play with as you like.

You will need a router (Cisco, FreeBSD, Juniper etc) at your edge in
order to establish an IPv6IP tunnel to one of my routers.

Email me off-list if you are interested in further details.

BTW, to answer your question, no... even if your ISP is not IPv6
compliant, that does not stop you from implementing IPv6 on your public
servers.

Steve