ntpd and GPS

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Fri Sep 19 12:36:44 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Ive been toying with setting up my old Garmin GPS12 as a reference for a
server (FreeBSD 6.2) running ntpd, but Ive run into an issue.

Ive searched around a bit and cant find an answer, perhaps because there
isnt one.

Is there any way I can set ntpd to expect a $GPRMC string every 2 seconds,
which is the frequency at which the GPS12 transmits them?

Alternatively, does anyone know how to make the GPS12 transmit a $GPRMC
string every second?

If there is a better place I can post this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom