mount msdosfs with hal

ronggui ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:58:52 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I want to use hal to auttomount the windows fat32 partition with
gnome. after setting gnome_enable="YES", hal automount it, but there
is a problem. hal seems to execute "mount_msdosfs /dev/xxx
/mountpoint", so the encoding is not handled correctly.
If I mount it manually, it should be "mount_msdosfs -D=CP936
-L=zh_CN.eucCN /dev/xxx /mountpoint". So my question is how to set the
things right? I think I need to modify some fdi files, but just can
not figure out.

Thanks in advance. Best

--
HUANG Ronggui, Wincent