Multiple installation of one ports

FreeBSD freebsd at optiksecurite.com
Tue Sep 16 18:19:19 UTC 2008

Gavin Spomer a écrit :
> Hi Martin,
>
> You want to install multiple sites on one server or multiple servers?

One server only

> If the former, there is a solution for you at:
>
>    http://drupal.org/getting-started/6/install/multi-site

That would solve my problem in that case...

> I have yet to try this, but will likely give it a shot some day...
>
> If the latter, are your other systems FreeBSD? If so, (and forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know) you simply need to run portupgrade/portaudit on those systems. If, for example, it's some Linux distrobution, see if it has a package management software that will handle installing and upgrading Drupal.
>
> In all cases, portupgrade will not do everything for you. You still may have to run update.php sometimes if a particular update needs to have databases changes.

Ok but my question was more focusing on the handling of multiple
installation of the same port by portupgrade. If it's possible to
install the same port multiple times, how is portupgrade going to deal
with this?

Thanks for your response!

Martin