Wireshark

Chris St Denis chris at smartt.com
Fri Sep 12 18:46:11 UTC 2008

Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi CHris,
>

> Just attempting to install the port. Something I noticed when the
> install crapped out was that it wanted me to use the "Force Package
> Register" for the OpenSSL_Overwrite_Base port.
>
> That port was already installed, what would be the correct method to
> deal with this?
>
> -Grant
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Cowart"
> <ccowart at rescomp.berkeley.edu>

I've found this sometimes happens if the port is checking for a specific
version of a dependancy and the version you have is older. Therefore the
dependency check fails and it tries to install, but the package manager
won't let it because of the existing version.

You can deinstall OpenSSL_Overwrite_Base first and it will probebly work
fine.