Wireshark

matt donovan kitchetech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:38:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Christopher Cowart <
ccowart at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Grant Peel wrote:
> > Just attempting to install the port. Something I noticed when the install
> > crapped out was that it wanted me to use the "Force Package Register" for
> > the OpenSSL_Overwrite_Base port.
> >
> > That port was already installed, what would be the correct method to deal
> > with this?
>
> I usually only see this error with ports we've written in-house. Usually
> it happens because the dependency check on a specific file is bad. The
> check fails, which causes the port to believe it needs to install the
> dependency, but the package registry gets upset because the package is
> already installed and it doesn't think it needs to be reinstalled.
>
> If these are real ports, you might want to report the brokenness. You'll
> probably find that you can FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=1 and leave it at that
> (though I typically treat it as a last resort and instead opt for fixing
> the port).
>
> --
> Chris Cowart
> Network Technical Lead
> Network & Infrastructure Services, RSSP-IT
> UC Berkeley

I wrote this but gmail default reply is not reply-all

go to the openssl port and run make replace and it should replace base but I
actually don't really suggest it.

 since I don't really see a need to even from wireshark which I have
installed without overwriting openssl_base