Problems with portsdb -Uu on FreeBSD 6.3

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Tue Sep 9 12:54:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:43:14 -0400
"Sean Cavanaugh" <millenia2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've never fully trusted portsnap. I do run portsnap fetch before
> every portupgrade but I always follow it up with CVSUP and I usually
> find some more files that get changed anyway.

"portsnap fetch" doesn't affect your ports tree at all, you need to
follow it with "portsnap update".

There's no sense in in routinely mixing the two tools on the same tree.
If you do find that portsnap isn't updating the tree correctly then
you've either found a bug or have some corrupt data somewhere.