Can FreeBSD6.3 Generic Kernels Mount a Linux EXT3 FS?

wsw wsw1wsw2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 03:28:38 UTC 2008

The GENERIC kernel maybe have no ext2fs module. You can install it by:
cd /usr/src/sys/module/ext2fs && make && make install clean
and load the module
kldload ext2fs

If you do not have mount_ext2fs tool:
cd /usr/src/sbin/mount_ext2fs && make && make install clean

then, try to mount the ext2 partition.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Martin McCormick <martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu