Problems with portsdb -Uu on FreeBSD 6.3

Michael Powell nightrecon at verizon.net
Tue Sep 9 00:24:33 UTC 2008

perikillo wrote:

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/portsnap.html
>
>   I supposes that "portsnap extract" have to run just once, latter u have
> just run  portsnap fetch && portsnap update?
>
>   Sean, u say that I better mix cvsup + portsnap?
>
>   This is normal? This would not broke my tree?
>
>    Right now I already run cvsup and is running portsdb -Uu, I will let u
> know what happend, thanks!!!
[snip]

Unless you have a specific overriding reason to do -Uu you might want to
try -uF instead. It's what I use and it's always worked. In fact, this is
what I do to see if I need an upgrade:

csup -L 2 ports && portsdb -uF && pkgdb -u && portversion

But since I have never used portsnap don't really know anything about it.

-Mike